Adoption Application Requirements
- Our goal is to maximize the chances of success for every adoption, and our experience has shown us that this is best accomplished when all children in the family are emotionally and physically mature enough to properly interact with a strong dog. Therefore we require children be a minimum age of 7 years old. This policy is in place to ensure the safety and well-being of both our rescue dogs and our adoptive families
- You must reside within the geographical regions covered by RCBTR
- You must demonstrate the ability and commitment to provide proper care, exercise, and training for the lifetime of the animal.
- An applicant must have a fenced-in yard or other reasonable plan to exercise and allow the dog to relieve itself. Adopters must agree to never leave the dog outside in the yard unattended.
- All current pets must be spayed/neutered. They must also be current on vaccinations, and be on heartworm prevention.
- You agree to keep the dog safely on leash at all times when not in a fenced-in area.
- An applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must abide by all RCBTR terms and conditions of adoption.
- We will not adopt dogs to applicants (or any other household members) with any conviction, misdemeanor or felony for the following offences: domestic violence, animal abuse, animal cruelty or animal neglect.